On 10th May 2019, Bach Khoa Solar Energy Group (SOLARBK) and Bach Khoa University (BKU) celebrate the comprehensive collaboration in supporting, recruiting, training, scientific researching, and technology transferring.
Particularly, Solar Experience Space (established in 2017) and solar projects installed at Bach Khoa University have proved the efficiency in light of developing Vietnam’s renewable energy industry. This is the first step of the comprehensive collaboration given that solar power has become more popular in Vietnam.
Factors exhort cooperative renewable energy development
In recent years, the government strongly encourages renewable energy considering its large potential for economy and environment targeting the country’s sustainable development. Hence, so as to make the solar power industry a key economic sector in Vietnam, training the young labor force is extremely important.
With a mission to popularize Vietnam renewable energy to the world, the collaboration between SolarBK and BKU is a crucial step to generate the high-quality labor force with practical knowledge about this industry. At the same time, BKU not only orients to become the leading school in electrical engineering, electronics field, but also to become a pioneer in renewable energy practical training.
For example, Solar Experience Space (SES) was established on 27.10.2017 through the collaboration of SolarBK and BKU. This is the first model of renewable energy experience in Vietnam for passionate students to research and gain more knowledge about the industry. With 16.065 kWp capacity, the system has reduced approximately 23 tons of CO2 each year, reached nearly 24,000 BKU students who learn about renewable energy. By the end of 2018, SES has successfully organized 10 training sessions, including more than 240 officers, experts, and students of the engineering industry, who are interested in learning solar power. Additionally, the “Solar experience space” project passed more than 41 opponents to become the only Vietnamese project that won The smarter E Award 2018-Outstanding Project category. The success of this project is the motivation for SolarBK and BKU to quickly finalize a comprehensive collaboration today.
The collaboration content between SolarBK and BKU
According to the equality principle and shared goal to develop renewable energy in Vietnam, the 2 companies have built collaboration categories including:
- Associate to research, develop and deploy new technologies as well as to share experience and expertise based on both sides’ needs. The agreement proposes forming an expert group to research scientific projects related to developing “Made in Vietnam” smart renewable energy, supporting technology transfer in the renewable energy field and approving rooftop solar power system experiment according to ESCO model (Energy Service Company).
- Support students – the future labor force to access the practical working environment through internships and working skills training, such as supporting students in visiting SolarBK constructing projects, providing the renewable energy internship environment for students of related industries. Besides, the collaboration organizes the renewable energy Training Program (with certification) along with expanding SE.
Positive meanings for Vietnam’s renewable energy
- Meaningful collaboration for not only the two firms but also for Vietnam’s renewable energy market
- To SolarBK, besides commerce, the company always pays attention to training and developing research force. In a vision to form a descendant team, this collaboration means both the labor proactivity and the chance for SolarBK and BKU to develop more pragmatic research projects so as to upgrade the manufacturing process and quality of the “Made in Vietnam” product, popularize solar energy to the broader extent and closer to the households. Especially, BKU is also the base from which SolarBK forms and develops which implies the honor beyond branding advantages.
- Besides, BKU’s board also looks forward to practical applications resulting from the cooperative research in order to attract more students associated with this field. This is a chance for students to experience and upgrade their skills to support the field development in Vietnam, which guarantees BKU’s reputation in training the top high-tech labor force.
- Given that the government has continuously encouraged renewable energy in general, solar energy in particular, Vietnam has to speed up in generating more labor to satisfy the potential demand as well as take the lead in the domestic market. Therefore, this collaboration represents the supply and demand sides of Vietnamese renewable energy labor.
About Bach Khoa University:
Bach Khoa University focuses on higher science and engineering education in Vietnam, a member of the National University system, among Vietnam key universities. Besides training, the school is also a research center for business and Government.
Famous as the Southern leading technical training university, BKU not only the key university but also the most famous university in Ho Chi Minh National University system. With more than 60 years of research and development, BKU has been continuously growing, maintaining the leading role in training and scientific researching of the southern area as well as of the nation.
SolarBK Holdings was founded in 2006, based on 40 years of scientific research from Bach Khoa University professors and scientists, SolarBK Holdings becomes the leading company in researching, developing and supplying renewable energy products and plans in Vietnam (solar energy and wind energy). Products of SolarBK all achieve international certifications to satisfy domestic demand and are exported to America, Tunisia, Turkey and other countries in Europe.
With perpetual effort and development, SolarBK has generated many subsidiaries in charge of each specific field of renewable energy study. Meanwhile, IREX joint stock company is a renewable energy manufacturer. Solar ESCO joint stock company offers business complete renewable energy solution. Solar Gate company distributes renewable energy equipment, apps, full solutions to household consumers.
SolarBK Holdings has demonstrated its potential through many national projects such as lighting system on Trường Sa islands ( won Global Energy 2012), seawater filter run by renewable energy on Song Tử Tây island ( won Global Energy 2016), etc.
About Solar Experience Space (SES)
Solar Experience Space exhibits integrated several applications and technologies relating to renewable energy located in B12, the 108m2 area of BKU. This project, 16065 kWp in capacity and 100% generating renewable energy, was established by SolarBK Holdings associated with BKU to celebrate 60 years of BKU. Up to the end of 2018, SES has successfully hosted 10 training session with the attendances of more than 240 staff, experts and students majoring in technology to motivate their passion in the field. Moreover, the “Solar energy experience space” project passed more than 41 opponents to become the only Vietnamese project that won The smarter E Award 2018-Outstanding Project category