Grid-connected or Grid-tie solar power system is the best solution in investment, especially suits for households, factories, buildings… where already connected to the grid. Residences and businesses that have a grid-tied electrical system are permitted in many countries to sell their energy to the utility grid.
The system converts Direct Current (DC) electricity generated from PV panels into Alternating Current (AC) electricity, tying to the grid, through a grid-tie inverter. This inverter has Maximum Power Point Tracker (MPPT) algorithm that can maximize the power generated from solar panels. It is also able to synchronize to interface with utility line, in preference to use solar power source for appliances, and the deficit will be sourced from the electricity grid.
Properly configured, a grid tie inverter enables a home owner to use an alternative power generation system like solar or wind power without extensive rewiring and without batteries.
- Low installation and maintenance cost due to battery-free system.
- Simple, easy to operate.
- Easy to upgrade.
- Long lifespan (up to 20 years).
- Suitable for households, aesthetically designed for exterior of the house.
- Green to the environment & save on electricity bills.
- Automatically cut-oﬀ power when grid power is down, for safety.