The Research Center for Thermal Equipment and Renewable Energy (RECTERE) of Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology conducted a piloting program to install water heating and solar, wind energy equipment to generate electricity for irrigation. RECTERE was the only agency in the country to carry out national projects of this type assigned by the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST).
– In 1994, Prof. Nguyen Huu Hung led a team researching a pioneer project “Darrieus-type wind turbine with vertical axis and soft wings” when the team invented a brand new design in collecting wind energy. The project was classed at a ministerial level and was awarded an Innovative Award by the Ministry of Education and Training.
– HL-200 wind turbines proved its wide range of practical applications. It was used by farmers and manufacturers to generate powers to supplytheir manufacturing processes. It was also used for tourism purposes due to its eye-catching, artful design as well as its safety design whilst in operation.
– During this period, the RECTERE centre carried out a series of research projects on solar water heating systems. A period of high activities and success was measured with tried and tested experiments on a large range of solar collector equipments that were invented specifically to facility Vietnam’s weather conditions.
Prof. Duong Thi Thanh Luong successfully led the project “Solar water heating systems for family and commercial uses” – commissioned by the HCMC Department of Science and Technology. Later this year, the first solar water heating system SOLAR-BK ® was marketed for the first time under the name “SOLAR-BK-3”. The product attracted huge amount of media cover at the time.
Bach Khoa Investment and Development of Solar Energy Limited (SolarBK) was officially incorporated. The board of directors and executive advisors of the company werethe former professors and researchers of RECTERE. With nearly 30 years of experience of research and project management, SolarBK’s main objective is to contribute its experience and knowledge in renewable energy to the promotion and development of this young green energy market.
SolarBK became a joint-stock company. This year the company was proud to have won the contract to be the main contractor supplying clean energy for the Truong Sa Spratly Islands. The project installed more than 5,700 solar panels, more than 120 wind turbines, more than 4,000 Accu Batteries, 1,000 units of LED lights.
August 2009: established the Midland SolarBK company located in Da Nang (middle of Vietnam)
October 2009: established the Southern SolarBK company located in HCM city (southern of Vietnam).
January 2010: establised the Northern SolarBK company located in Hanoi (northern and also the capital of Vietnam)
October 2011: Solar-BK was voted the Top 100 best companies of Vietnam.
The Board recognised Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) was a necessity to the organization. A new department was established, the Corporate Quality Department, to ensure the CSR spirit flows through the organnisation. The department is responsible for implementing CSR’s policies and strategies, monitor and review activities and to report to the Board at Board’s meetings.
March 2012: SolarBK participated in the Earth Hour Initiative, together with the Youth promoting a cleaner and greener earth.
July 2012: SolarBK joined the United Nation Global Compact Initiative. Launched in 2000, the United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies everywhere to voluntarily align their operations and strategies with ten universally-accepted principles in the areas of human rights, labor, environment and anti-corruption, and to take action in support of UN goals, including the Millennium Development Goals. The UN Global Compact is a leadership platform for the development, implementation, and disclosure of responsible corporate policies and practices.
October 2012: SolarBK, in partnership with the Vietnam Hotel Association implemented successfully an ESCO model – an initiative by the Ministry of Trade and Commerce.
November 2012: Solar ESCO, a subsidiary of SolarBK, was established to focus on expanding the ESCO model across Vietnam.
December 2012: IREX, the second subsidiary, was incorporated, specialises in manufacturing photovoltaic panels (solar panels or pv panels). Today, IREX has sucessfully established a full production line with state of the art machinery and equipments and a highly trained workforce of engineers and technicians.
September 2013:IREX achieved the TUVRheinland certification for its photovoltaic products – the so-called passport for IREX’s products to be traded internationally.
09/2013: IREX – our member companies got IEC / UL, TÜV Rheinland International Certificate for solar panels product.
Mr. Nguyen Duong Tuan – CEO of SolarBK became Global Energy Ambassador 2013
May 10/2013: SolarBK first annount program commitments of 60% energy savings for customer who install Solar Water Heater – Industrial scale.
Hundreds of hotels, factories across the country have used Solar Water Heater System – Industrial scale of SolarBK.
May 04/2015: Successful South West Cat islands Desalination pilot projects filtered sea water into fresh water. Technology applications are then continue to be deployed in other remote islands.
SolarBK’s Money Back Guarantee under bank guarantee create a whole new standards for clean energy industry in Vietnam:
PV cell production line called SolaireViet has a automation rate at 100%.
– May 5/2016, continues to achieve the second Energy Globe Award – National category for the project “Sea water Desalination system using clean energy in Southwest Cay island”.
– Expand national distribution network and provides extensive solution of hot water and PV Rooftop solution, serving the mission of bringing clean energy to life.
– Start to implement Farms Solar/Wind energy projects.
– IREX USA was established and continue to be present at Intersolar San Francisco. IREX not only provide Solar panels but also provide solutions for the US market.
– Introducing SSOC ™ (Solar System Operation Center) researched and developed by SolarBK. Not only help to connect solar water systems but also connect all products and services such as water purification equipment, solar power systems and other clean energy sources.